The global nuclear medicine therapeutics market is expected to grow from an estimated $ 1.09billion in 2014 to $ 2.09 billion in 2019, at an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.91%.
Major factors for the growth of the market are increasing use of SPECT and PET analysis in radiopharmaceuticals, increased awareness of people for radiopharmaceuticals, and ready availability of radiopharmaceuticals. Novel applications such as Alzheimers and continually expanding oncology application segment also drive the market. However, some of the major constrains of the market are complex FDA toxicology and other regulatory requirements, lack of specific guidelines from the FDA for good manufacturing practices of radiopharmaceuticals, lack of consensus for standardized image acquisition in nuclear imaging procedures.
Therapeutic nuclear medicine finds its application in treatment of various types of cancer such as lymphoma, bone metastasis, thyroid, endocrine tumors etc. Radionuclide therapy has unique promise as a vehicle for personalized treatment of cancer. Alpha emitters which use bismuth-213 and astatine-211 labeled monoclonal antibodies in patients with leukemia and brain tumor and radium- 223 are being evaluated in breast and prostate cancer patients with bone metastases. Beta- Emitters are currently limited to four beta emitters, yttrium-90 and iodine-131 which are used in treatment of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, samarium-153-EDTMP and strontium-89-chloride for palliation of bone metastases. The market scope of preclinical and clinical research in the therapy field is much broader.
The number of therapeutic procedures in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific are 265, 22195, and 271248 for the year 2013 respectively. Talking about country wise therapeutic procedures, US have 262 therapeutic procedures. Developing countries like India hold strong market potential accounting for 7475 therapeutic procedures.
Market is segmented by Beta Emitters (Iodine-131 (I-131), Yttrium-90 (Y-90), Samarium-153 (SM-153), Rhenium-186 (RE-186), Lutetium-177 (LU-177)and Others) Alpha emitters(Radium-223 (RA-223) & Alpharadin, Actinium-225 (AC-225), Lead-212 (PB-212)/Bismuth-212 (BI-212)and Astatine-211 (AT-211)) and Brachytherapy (Cesium-131, Iodine-125, Palladium-103 and Iridium-192), by applications and by geography ( North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific).
Major players in the market are Mallinckrodt, Lantheus medical imaging, IBA Group, Traid Isotope, Siemens Healthcare etc. Mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized manufacturers to enter in overseas market is another strategy adopted by multinational players.
What the Report Offers
1) Market Definition Global nuclear medicine Therapeutic (Alpha Emitters, Beta Emitters and Brachytherapy) Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global nuclear medicine Therapeutic (Alpha Emitters, Beta Emitters and Brachytherapy) with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.